Monday, March 17, 2014

Collage Obsession--Making Marks

I am delving more and more into art journaling , paper and glue, ink, paint ,markers, and all the other ways to "make marks."  In the realm of digital art, the marks we make are digital--textures, brushes, fonts, filters and styles.

I thought this would be an interesting and challenging theme.  Below are some examples of mark-making, both digital and "actual"


These are actual:
Gelli prints, collage, doodling with markers, gel pens and paint, stamping and washi tape.



This is digital:
made with a background and texture overlay, digitally altered images and Photoshop brushes.



4 comments :

Kaylene said...

Linda, love your page I cannot leave comments on your blog, a great challenge. Cheers

Jenn said...

Just discovered this page through Chrissie and I'm EXCITED... I hope to participate! I LOVE THIS!!!! I dream of making collages and have so many projects roaming in my head that I haven't made happen yet, but I'm ready!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love it!

lauren bergold said...

fun!!! :)